Wednesday, December 10, 2008

serafina67 *urgently requires life*

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/images/26090000/26096282.JPG
serafina67 *urgently requires life*
written by Susie Day

I was...well, disappointed may put it mildly, by this book. I figured, hey, a book about blogging, how perfect for me! How wrong I was. This girl, taking on the identity of serafina67, blogs about her life. Her blog entries are filled with nothing but vain remarks, rudeness, and really bad spelling. She is a horrendous gossiper, and is mean to pretty much anyone she encounters. I guess it's true what they say--don't judge a book by its cover. It's true. I chose this book because it had a pretty eyecatching cover. Big mistake. I feel like a lot of potential was wasted. This could have been a pretty interesting book and an interesting blog, if the blog writer hadn't been an absolute spazz (of the bad kind). Upon finishing the book, I honestly felt as if I had just read a book entitled "Why You Should Not Give Your Personal Information Out Online" by Susie Day. The only thing that kept me reading the book was daisy13. The reveal at the end was pretty epic, and I guess I'd thought of every possibility (ranging from psychostalker to Crazy Pete) for "her" true identity.

Rating: 2/5

"You type like a crackhead"
^Sums up the entirety of the book.

Do you tend to judge books by their covers? I know this isn't the first time I've done, and I know it won't be the last. What types of covers do you prefer, if any? Have you ever been misled by a cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)