Thursday, December 11, 2008

Library Trips & Reminiscing

I went on an Impulse Library Trip today :) Came home with:
Twice Upon a Marigold-Jean Ferris
The London Eye Mystery-Siobhan Dowd
Looking for Alaska-John Green
Someday This Pain Will Be Useful To You-Peter Cameron
Suite Scarlett-Maureen Johnson
and
Identical-Ellen Hopkins

I didn't find all of the books I was looking for, but that's okay. Now I just need to keep away from them until after exams ;) Still, those are some of the books you'll be hearing about from me in the coming weeks!

So I went to Goodwill the other day and picked up this one book that I'd read in the...oh, 3rd or 4th grade, I guess. It was around the time when I'd finished the entirety of R.L. Stine's Goosebumps series and I had nothing to read oh sigh! So I naturally found another 'scary' series. I remember being scared to death of this book when I first read it. It's called Teacher Creature and it is part of Betsy Haynes' Bone Chillers series. I reread it, just for old time's sakes. I really have no idea what I found interesting or scary about it, but it was fun trying to guess ;) The plot is ludicrous, there's a hurricane and everyone but three kids are evacuated. The three kids see a 'swamp monster' and run around town trying to hide from it. Eventually, everything returns to normal, everyone comes back, and they go back to school, where it turns out that not everything returned to normal, their teacher never came back, and their new teacher is a mutated swamp-monstery child-eating frog. Fun stuff. xD

Do you ever go back and reread books you'd loved as a child? (I'm definitely guilty of this. I know I've read some of the BabySitter's Club books just for the heck of it :D) How do you usually react?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)