Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Revelations

Revelations
written by Melissa de la Cruz
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n52/n264997.jpg

I guess I should have known not to get my hopes up. Revelations continues just like the last two Blue Bloods novels--lousy characters, lousy writing, abso-freaking-lutely amazing plot. *sigh* Go figure. If only Melissa de la Cruz had combined all the ideas she had into one book, so these silly, unnecessary subplots could vanish, it would be so lovely (I mean, Brazil, really?). I did love the fact that Schuyler finally reciprocated Ollie's love (in a truly romantically awesome Star Wars way, no less!) but other than that, the characters just disappointed. Mimi and Jack Force? Still as annoying as ever. Bliss, one of the only characters I could stand other than Ollie? Evil, apparently. These books would be so amazing if the plot was just resolved already, rather than dragging it out. Otherwise, all these weird twists she keeps putting in...at first, they were really neat, but now? A lot of them just seem like lame rip-offs from other authors. (Shifting into animals? Changing appearances? Come on. Rowling got there way before you did.) I'm going to keep reading them, because I'm a sucker for a good plot, but I really really need to keep my hopes down (particularly when it comes to Schuyler/Ollie, who I now hear have some serious opposition amongst the readers 0.O)

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)