Friday, February 27, 2009

Which Witch?

Which Witch?
written by Eva Ibbotson

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0141304278.01._SY190_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Although Eva Ibbotson's The Secret of Platform 13 is the more well-known novel, I've always felt it's completely overrated. This, in my opinion, is her real work of genius. I read it repeatedly as a child and loved it more each time, finding great new aspects I'd missed each time. Now, many years later, it's still as adorable and enjoyable, with a complex plot, highly unique characters that grow on you, and a mystical, fantastical tone that anyone will love. Ibbotson demonstrates her great talent at plot twists as well in this great book! My one minor complaint is that she does spend a little too much time directly describing each character (your typical paragraph blurb, giving a physical description), and that's something that always disturbs my reading and my imagination in general.

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)