Friday, May 11, 2012

Soul Enchilada

Soul Enchilada
written by David Macinnis Gill



As much as I love a strong female protagonist, this story was just too convoluted for me to swallow.  Typically, when a book is able to cross genres, it produces a powerful product, but I'm not really sure how to feel about this girl-power supernatural...legal thriller?  I couldn't get past the fact that most of the plot centered around a car.  And yes, the car had deeper symbolic implications, but it was a car.  The story did move at an interesting pace, and the characters were spunky, I'll give them that.  I can honestly say I've never read anything like this story before.  While I wasn't personally too fond of the story, I do think it's pretty incredible how one story can hold different amounts and kinds of meaning to each reader.  This just wasn't it for me.

I got this book from...:LibraryThing SantaThing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)