Thursday, May 10, 2012

How to Say Goodbye in Robot

How to Say Goodbye in Robot
written by Natalie Standiford



I didn't expect much from this book, but I think I can now safely call it one of the best, most emotionally evocative books I've gotten the chance to read.  Many young adult novels discuss the dangers of physically abusive romantic relationships, bypassing the ideas of emotionally abusive relationships as well as abusive platonic relationships, both of which, at least from my vantage point, are huge problems in many teens' lives, and many don't even have the vocabulary for it.  It's also one of the few YA books I've read featuring truly introverted protagonists.  We have our fill of socially awkward penguins, but most of them do gain their energy through social interaction with others, and that's a little more blurred in this book.  I'm grateful for Natalie Standiford's courage in writing an important story, and I hope it was able to bring some level of clarity to other readers as it was able to offer me.

Rating: 5/5

I got this book from...:gift from a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)