Wednesday, May 30, 2012

North of Beautiful

North of Beautiful
written by Justina Chen Headley



I'd heard so much about this book, all incredible, so I finally made an effort to pick it up for myself.  Even just reading the summary, I knew this book was going to be a life-changing one.  And throughout reading the beautifully combined words, it struck chord after chord in relation to my own life.  This is a must-read for every teen, I have no hesitations saying that.  From body image issues to more subtle but just as dangerous forms of abuse, this book jumps headfirst into real issues faced by real people, and true to its title, addresses them beautifully.  The ending is sweet, although I would really have loved to see more of the fallout for her family, but the slightly open ending does leave room for stimulating the reader's own thoughts beyond the words on the page.

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)