Stolen from glorifield :
1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph:
The startled residents of Washington D.C. awake one morning to find the red banner of Soviet communism flapping proudly from a tall flagpole in front of the U.S. Supreme Court Building. "Very well," said the Patchwork Girl, "I'm going to serve you and your wife by helping Ojo find the things you need." Although for some reason, when No 1 thought about Abbott, the many moments of cruelty he had suffered at the pride leader's whim seemed hazy, hard to focus on. You snuck out without Gage or me noticing. Stupid b********.
If At All Possible, Involve a Cow: The Book of College Pranks-Neil Steinberg
The Patchwork Girl of Oz-L. Frank Baum
Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony-Eoin Colfer
What the Dickens-Gregory Maguire
Lies (and the lying liars who tell them)-Al Franken