Thursday, January 14, 2010

Secrets of my Hollywood Life

Secrets of My Hollywood Life
written by Jen Calonita

http://pics.librarything.com/picsizes/bf/19/bf19a3dd1e65c1d5936424e5667434d414f4541.jpg

And yet again we see an example of a book that cannot under any circumstances be taken seriously. It's fluff fiction and only fluff fiction, don't look for it to send any higher messages. As far as fluff fiction goes, I've seen better, I've seen worse. First of all, I'm pretty sure this entire book is the premise to Hannah Montana. All the glitzy references did not hide the sub-par quality of writing, and I got so tremendously sick of the lengthy clothing brand descriptions after each character entered a scene. It's all pretty one-dimensional characterization. Despite everything, though, it's a cutesy read, and I might seek out the sequels, but they're not high on my list. The content of the sequels completely eludes me, as I thought everything was wrapped up nicely in this book, but we'll see, I suppose.

Rating: 3.5/5

I got this book from...:Paperbackswap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)