Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Prophet of Yonwood

The Prophet of Yonwood
written by Jeanne DuPrau

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0440421241.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

First of all, I still don't understand why this is called "the third book of Ember" when it is clearly not the third. I was so confused about what was happening, where Lina and Doon were, until I read the back cover and found out it was a prequel. That is not the sort of information I should be getting off the back cover, that is something that should be made evident upon starting the book. For a children's book, there is an overload of social commentary, and I'm pretty sure the entire ideas would just fly over their heads, and I thought People of Sparks was bad in that regard! Hah! Regardless of whether or not I agree with her views, this is entirely too preachy. It proved very difficult to get into the plot, the characters were not well-developed, it was very slow paced, with not much action at all. I think I may possibly have only liked one page of this entire novel--the last one. How ridiculous. Don't waste your time getting this if you're a fan of Ember, you will more than likely be disappointed. At least we should have been getting Nickie's dad's part of the story.

Rating: 0.5/5

I got this book from...:

1 comment:

  1. I was disppointed in this book too. I kept waiting to see what it had to do with the City of Ember and finally it showed up late. I don't know. It was okay.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)