Saturday, November 28, 2009

Audrey, Wait!

Audrey, Wait!
written by Robin Benway

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/159514191X.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Audrey, Wait! was a book full of honest conversational narration and clever, snarky humor with a narrator who screws up a lot, but is still likable enough. The musical references contained within the pages are what really makes this book spectacular. I don't know about you, but I now have practically a book full of music recommendations that I'm dying to listen to. The chapter titles were great, using song lyrics to highlight Audrey's current predicament, whatever it was at the time. The situation Audrey is put in is unlikely to happen in real life, but at the same time, songs are sometimes obviously about a specific person. It could somehow happen, and that's the fun of books, imagining all the possible scenarios and applications to real life. The characterization in this book was so good that some characters evoked really strong feelings, both positive and negative. For instance, I liked Victoria as a character, but my God there were times when she got on my nerves with some of the stunts she pulled! I liked the way the book ended, with a fitting tribute of closure. I think a companion novel from Evan's point of view during this chain of events would have been fascinating, as Audrey gets to tell her part of the story, but Evan never really does. Just something to think about.

Rating: 4/5

I got this book from...:Waldenbooks

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! This is one of my favorite books. I never thought about hearing Ethan's side of the story. That would be interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)