Tuesday, November 10, 2009

City of Bones

City of Bones
written by Cassandra Clare

http://pics.librarything.com/picsizes/95/26/9526ba5815ffbc4593439755577434d414f4541.jpg

City of Bones was a great read...if you don't mind reading a book that is extremely predictable. I have in my notes details from the first chapter that end up being the Big Plot Twists, so that's slightly sad. A lot of the book falls into what one typically expects from a fantasy novel, down to the "turn a person into a rat" trope. The Big Reveals were kind of pathetic, and frustrating to read, I know I wanted to reach into the book to shake Clary in her utter obliviousness. The exposition to the fantasy world was done well, introducing it simultaneously to the reader and Clary herself. While I was irritated by yet another love triangle, sick to death of those, I was thrilled with its conclusion. The characters, despite their predictability and all, are very well developed, and you find yourself getting attached to some, repulsed by others, all essential parts of great characterization. The ending does leave the reader satisfied while at the same time, wanting more, essentially being all that a great ending should be.

Rating: 4.5/5

I got this book from...:Borders

1 comment:

  1. I loved City of Bones. I just finished reading the city of glass.

    http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)