Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Sandman: Endless Nights

currently reading: Liar (!!!)

The Sandman: Endless Nights
written by Neil Gaiman,
illustrated by various


http://images.amazon.com/images/P/140120113X.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Some of the writing was overly flowery, some of the chapters were utterly incomprehensible...and yet, there's just something there that draws the reader in. I found it irritating that the art was different for each chapter, and would have really liked to have seen unity both in illustration and plot. I still don't know what the overarching storyline of this was supposed to be because there simply wasn't one. Particularly disappointing was the 2nd chapter, falling into the graphic novel trap of excessive nudity with absolutely no purpose. I didn't need to see that, it served no purpose. I really did want to learn more about the Endless, though, and I found some of the dropped plot threads to be really intriguing, and I just want to know more. I hope some of the issues are cleared up in the next few volumes, because I feel like there's a really good story somewhere beneath all the clutter.

Rating: 3.5/5
I got this book from...:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)