Sunday, October 11, 2009

Coffehouse Angel

Coffeehouse Angel
written by Suzanne Selfors

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0802798128.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Everything about this book screams 'cute!' From the adorable homely cover, to the coffehouse setting, all signs point to this being a comfort book. Everything about this book is like that, to the point where it's one big walking cliche, and not the interesting kind, either. The kind that every cliche-bashing indie girl falls right into. It gets no better. I found it to be a cute story, but I thought it would have been an even better one had it been a short story. There is very little complexity, and everything is highly predictable. I did like how everything was wrapped up plotwise. The love triangle, if it was ever that, works out wonderfully, and Malcolm's resolution is handled with the perfect amount of emphasis--it's a huge deal, but not played off as such. I just really do think this would have been better suited for a cute little short story rather than as a full-blown novel, and I'm still not really sure what to think. Plot was fantastic overall, characters were lovable, but nothing much happened.

Rating: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. I've heard others say the same thing, too cliche, etc. So I'm keeping it off my TBR list. Also the cover is not that great.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)