Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fables Vol. 1: Legends in Exile

Fables: Legends in Exile
Written by Bill Willingham
Various illustrators

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1563899426.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Fables is a graphic novel bringing together a very wide variety of fairy tale characters in a common world, all interacting with each other in fascinating ways. The concept itself was definitely enough to hook me, as I'm a sucker for fractured fairy tales. Everything about it was amazing and for a person who typically has difficulty understanding graphic novels, everything was extremely clear and easy to understand. Parts are a little melodramatic, but it is still an enjoyable read all the same. The various fairy-tale cameos are such a blast to spot, adding another dimension to the story. While I found the ending to be extremely predictable, it was, again, a great read, and I can't wait to learn more about this universe!

Rating: 5/5

I got this book from...: a fellow Laughliner :) Many thanks for letting me borrow this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)