Saturday, March 23, 2013

Fray

Fray
written by Joss Whedon
So here's the mistake I made going into this book.  I forgot that Joss Whedon has the impeccable ability to make me cry with everything he does.  Right.  This is no exception.  You missed the plot twists from Buffy?  Never fear.  This comic's got them around every corner, some predictable, most coming out of nowhere, especially the most heartbreaking one on the very last page.  Beyond that, it's really cool to see how the world has evolved since Buffy.  Granted, I would have really liked to have seen more of the Slayer mythology, but it was still neat to see what we got to see.  I'm pretty grateful that the opportunity was even given for a sequel of sorts to Buffy, that being said, I think it's time for me to go back to reading the Season 8 comics.  Give this one the careful read it deserves if you were a Buffy fan, though, and even if you weren't, the story's accessible to newbies, too.

I got this book from...:Paperbackswap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)