Sunday, March 3, 2013

Crash

Crash
written by Lisa McMann

**contains spoilers**

I really didn't expect to enjoy this book as much as I did.  Supernatural YAs are getting kind of repetitive, but I ended up loving the originality of this one.  Like, yeah, visions are a repetitive thing, and I think I would have liked the book even more if it had turned out that she was exhibiting signs of schizophrenia or another mental illness, but that's because I'm a sucker for any and all books portraying MI.  I think the one thing that ultimately sold me on the visions was the ending, where they ended up jumping ship to Sawyer.  I was worried with it being a series that it would just be Jules having a vision per book with no point to them, but it'll be cool to see the repercussions of them jumping from person to person somehow.  I also like that, much like her Wake series, each character has such a well-developed persona.  I loved reading about Jules' siblings, and can't wait to hear more about them, as well as the relationship between the two families.  I hope mental illness is still a factor that is discussed in the next few books, and I'm pretty excited to see where Lisa McMann takes all this.  I'm just crossing my fingers that there is an explanation to the visions and they aren't just contrived one-shot plot points created to stretch this out into a series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)