Sunday, January 15, 2012

Heist Society

Heist Society
written by Ally Carter



I read a few of the Gallagher Girls books, but could never bring myself to care much about them.  They seemed juvenile and formulaic.  I was discouraged to hear that Heist Society would also take place at a boarding school, but was glad to find that most of the story did not revolve around that.  It's certainly a fresh concept, revolving around the underground world of art heists (Which, let me just say that I'm not a huge fan of the title.)  The book set up some great mysteries to be continued in the future, and I'm excited to read the sequel.  This is another book where I was worried about stretching the story too thin in order to force a series, but I think (and hope!) Ally Carter manages to avoid that in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)