Sunday, January 22, 2012

As Simple as Snow

As Simple as Snow
written by Gregory Galloway



This is a reading that requires some backstory.  I actually read this book because it came highly recommended by John Green, and it's easy to see why.  It's extremely similar to Paper Towns.  Too similar for my liking.  Either book is great on its own, but knowing the connection somehow cheapened both in my mind.  The book has its moments of extremely insightful writing, but it did not keep my attention throughout the whole reading.  The entire time, I kept drawing connections between this book and Paper Towns, and not in an enriching way, in a 'wow, this is almost identical' way.  Words were brought together in powerful ways, but the story was lacking, leaving the reader with a fragmented string of beautiful thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)