Friday, May 29, 2009

What's Your Story: The Postcard Collection

currently reading: Such a Pretty Girl
want to read: Jaclyn Moriarty's just-finished new ghost story! But, y'know, it has to be edited and published and all that. *sigh*
reading next: Touching Darkness

What's Your Story: The Postcard Collection
contributions from various authors, Waterstone's workers, and Waterstone's customers.

http://heracles.librarything.com/picsizes/19/98/1998139e3ac84c05934425254414141414c3441.jpg

While the What's Your Story? collection is a great collection of stories, I doubt many people actually used the stories as postcards. I would imagine most bought their copies for the same reason I did--J.K. Rowling's little HP-Prequel-That-Isn't. While I enjoyed the stories, I have to say, my enjoyment was severely limited by some of the authors' atrocious handwriting (YES, JKR, I am looking at you!). If you're going to write a widely-hyped story, make it legible, won't you? I was highly surprised by some of the other stories. Rowling's was great, but so was say, Lauren Child's. I'm not familiar with any of her other work, but her mini "story" was adorable, and a postcard that one could easily see themselves sending. Most amazing of all, dare I say more amazing than Rowling's Marauderlicious tale, were the Waterstone's employee/customer submitted ones. While the others were good stories, these were the ones that really had me laughing and crying and rolling madly on the floor.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)