Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Marked

Marked
written by P.C. and Kristin Cast

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0312360266.01._SX140_SY225_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I read Marked after seeing many bloggers review it, many saying it is the only series out of this new batch of YA vampire books that is worth reading. I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. I was under the impression that all of the new vamp books were Twilight ripoffs, but this had almost no similarities. The writing was awkward and not at all fresh, but the plot was pretty awesome. While I often complain of overexposition in books, I felt like this one just hastily jumped right in, giving almost no exposition at all. Parts are preachy, others are crude, but it is truly a unique book. Most vampire novels have the vampires living in complete isolation and secrecy, but in the Casts' world, everyone knows of their existance. The first book sets up what appears to be shaping up to be a really great story, and I will eagerly seek out the sequels for the plot, not for the writing itself.

Rating:
I'm going to say 5/5 for plot,
3/5 for writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)