Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hate That Cat

Hate That Cat
Written by Sharon Creech

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0061430935.01._SX140_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Hate That Cat provided a great balance of new and old. There were many great call-backs to Love That Dog, but at the same time, it establishes its identity as a new book. I was glad to see that Creech (and Jack) decided to let the Sky stuff go, and was also glad to see a book with a main focus on cats (although the 'hate' part? Not so awesome.) After Love That Dog's crashing climactic ending, Hate that Cat's ending was a bit of a letdown, but it was still a fantastic sequel.

Rating: 3.5/5

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm such a dork, I did not even know this was the sequel to Love that dog, I loved that book! I'll definitely have to remember to pick this one up soon

    :D

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)