Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Last Little Blue Envelope

The Last Little Blue Envelope
written by Maureen Johnson

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

I always thought the prequel was awkward and over-romanticized. I felt like I was reading a travel guide rather than a YA novel. Even from the start of this book, though, I could tell that Maureen has had time to develop her voice as a writer, and I found the sequel to be much more enjoyable than its predecessor. I loved the little added twist known as Oliver who was added to the story of the 13th envelope. He was a great addition to the quirky little cast of characters Maureen had previously set up. This book managed to pick up plot details that were left unsolved in the previous book, which made for a thoroughly satisfying conclusion. I ended up completely loving the sequel, and I’m incredibly glad Maureen decided to give it another shot. Totally worth it.

Rating: 5/5


I got this book from...:Amazon

1 comment:

  1. I just got those books for my e-reader. Can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)