Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Seeing Redd

Seeing Redd
written by Frank Beddor

http://pics.librarything.com/picsizes/4c/2b/4c2b9152ecf3caf5939715952414141414c3441.jpg

From the beginning, I felt that I was going to like this book. It was finished in one sitting. Beddor dives right in with the new story instead of recapping everything that had happened in the first book. Along the way, as different characters step up to the spotlight, a bit of their backstory is given, all given on a need-to-know basis. There is so much more time dedicated to develping the characters and the world they live in. Hatter is given an extremely powerful story, and Alyss and Dodge's romance moves along as well. So much happens, new characters, new situations, old characters returning and leaving. Arch Enemy is going to be one amazing book to look forward to! One thing really worth mentioning, I'd read the hardcover version of The Looking Glass Wars. Apparently, I'd missed out. The paperback versions of both books have these incredible images in them, and for once, the paperback is a much better buy than the hardcover, just for that. The only thing I slightly disliked about Seeing Redd was the over-description of battles. I like reading about them, but I'd much rather prefer something along the lines of "They fought. ____ won." although I'm sure it keeps some readers reading. Beddor ends on a cliffhanger, and I'm sure fans of the series are already anticipating the final book in the trilogy, where apparently, everything, including the main protagonist, changes. I can't wait!

Rating: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. I bought this a long time ago and still haven't read it since my sister stole it from me. I think I need to get it back.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)