Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sisterhood Everlasting

Sisterhood Everlasting
written by Ann Brashares



I read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants religiously when I was younger, and found myself massively disappointed by the 4th book.  I was apprehensive about what this look into their future lives would hold!  I think the reason this series and these four girls are so compelling is because we see parts of ourselves reflected in all of the girls, in different amounts.  I know this book hasn't had the most positive reception, and I can definitely understand why, but for me, it was a cathartic read.  We get to see these already-established characters we've grown to love, and it might not be the look we expected, but they still retain their core selves, in different ways.  Some of the story is repetitive.  Some of the story is predictable.  Some of the plot twists will make you cry, will make you want to throw the books and sent hate mail to the author, but in the end, everything comes together and the pay off is worth all of the gut-wrenching emotions.

I got this book from...:PaperBackSwap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)