Saturday, February 11, 2012

What Happened to Goodbye
written by Sarah Dessen



I missed the good old Sarah Dessen writing.  Yes, her stories are often formulaic, but most of the time, they each have a special something to set them apart.  I wasn't thrilled with her last two unremarkable books, Lock and Key and Along for the Ride, but I was glad to see the uniqueness shine through in her latest, What Happened to Goodbye.  It's emotionally honest, sweet, and utterly relatable, leaving me with a smile and lots to ponder after finishing.  I think Dave could have used some more character development, but he's a new classic Dessen boy.  Sarah Dessen's books are always going to have a special place in my life and on my bookshelf, some books more than others, and I look forward to seeing what she comes up with next!

Rating: 5/5

Also by Sarah Dessen:
That Summer
Keeping the Moon
The Truth About Forever

I got this book from...:a gift =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)