Friday, September 30, 2011

 Mockingbird
written by Kathryn Erskine

 

I picked this book up after hearing a lot of buzz about what a great read it is.  The added incentive of the author being from my hometown (and nobody's from my hometown) was awesome, too.  I'm actually pretty disappointed that I missed her recent visit to my public library, but I'm hoping there will be more opportunities to meet her in the future.  I really enjoyed this book.  I don't know much about Asperger's beyond reading this book and working with some kids with PDD, so it was emotionally satisfying to really get into the head of a child with Asperger's.  I found myself relating to many of the things Caitlin talked about, although I would imagine her experiences with life would be more intensified than my reflections on them.  I may have missed out on a deeper layer of the story, as I haven't read To Kill a Mockingbird, which is heavily referenced, but I can honestly say this is one of the best books I've read. 

Rating: 5/5

I got this book from...:Kindle Library Lending, Jefferson Madison Regional Library

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)