Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reading Habits Meme

Lizzie over at The Book Obsession is planning on doing this weekly meme thing, and I'm a sucker for book memes. Check out her intro post!

Q: Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
A: Nope, when I'm reading, I just read, and occasionally listen to music, either very softly or lyricless music.

Q: What is your favorite drink while reading?
A: See above.

Q: Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
A: I hate the idea that people write in books! >.<

Q: How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ear? Laying the book open flat?
A: Bookmarks! I used to dog-ear pages, but I grew out of that thankfully.

Q: Fiction, Non-fiction, or Both?
A: Fiction :) Nonfiction's okay if written on a topic I really am fascinated by, or written in a way to make me fascinated by a certain topic, but I tend to avoid it. If I wanted nonfiction information, I'd look it up on wikipedia. Books are my escape, and I'd rather escape into something that's not real.

Q: Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or you can stop anywhere?
A: I stop anywhere.

Q: Are you a person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if it irritates you
A: ...why would you do that to a book? =O

Q: If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?
A: Not usually, unless it's used in a really crucial context.

Q: What are you currently reading:
A: The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

Q: What is the last book you bought?
A: was actually a birthday present for a friend.

Q: Are you a person that reads one book at a time , or can you read more than one?
A: I usually read one at a time, but yes, there are occasionally times when I read more than one, particularly if I have something to read for school, where I absolutely *have* to have something fun to read on the side.

Q: Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
A: Anywhere, anytime.

Q: Do you prefer series or stand alone titles?
A: Series, definitely.

Q: Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
A: Thirteen Reasons Why. I honestly believe everyone needs to read that book.

Q: How do you organize your books? By genre, title, author's last name, etc?
A: My books are currently all in boxes/bags, but if they do ever get organized, it'll probably be series clumped together, authors clumped together, and then possibly sorted by the approximate order I read them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? A comment, question, or even a lively debate is always welcome :)